It’s not always easy to know what gifts to buy your dog for Christmas, but we think most dogs would agree that the fastest way to their heart is food. Office dog Bandit has confirmed this is the case.
We know that Christmas is a very busy time, so you’ll be pleased to know that we have a recipe which is very quick and simple to prepare. With a little luck, you may already have most of these ingredients at home in the cupboard.
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 130 grams of peanut butter
- 100 grams of wholemeal flour
- Flour for dusting
Note: Some brands of peanut butter contain a sweetener called Xylitol, which is perfectly safe for humans but can be harmful to dogs.
We’ve used a star shaped cutter for these biscuits for a festive feel, but you can always roll the dough into traditional round biscuit shapes if you prefer.
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C
2. Line a baking tray with some baking paper
3. Peel and mash the banana, using either your hands, a fork, or a potato masher
4. Add the mashed banana, peanut butter, cinnamon and the wholemeal flour to a bowl
5. Mix together until a firm dough is formed
6. On a floured surface, roll the dough out and use your cookie cutter to create the biscuit shapes
7. Place the Christmas stars onto the lined
baking tray, and spread them out evenly so that they aren’t touching at the edges
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. When they start to brown around the edges and feel firm, they should be ready so keep an eye on them in case they burn!
9. Leave to cool before serving
Serve up as a festive treat, but make sure you don’t overindulge your four-legged friend, as too many treats can be unhealthy!
Tried our recipe? Share your photos with us on social media using our hashtag #tailsdotcom:
Find us on: